I know that this is mostly a Facebook thing, but since I spent way too long writing mine (I don't know why I waste my time on this stuff), I figured I might as well post it here, too, so I don't feel so guilty. A Sunday morning well-spent!
1. I hate moving. I moved every year in college and despised it. I have lived in our current apartment for 4.5 years and I don't want to move until we buy a house. And when that happens you'll be sure to hear me bitching about moving.
2. Debbie Gibson was my first (and second) concert. I thought she was way cooler than Tiffany (because Debbie actually wrote her own songs and stupid Tiffany just ripped off old songs in her stupid denim jacket and mall hair).
3. Jill and Denise were my childhood best friends since I was like 3. They were both at my wedding. I think that is awesome.
4. Since December of 2007 I have been writing for Weddingbee.com and I love it. I only recently started telling people about it because I didn't want our wedding guests to know all about our plans beforehand.
5. I met my husband in costume at a Halloween party (that I almost didn't go to because it was a Friday night and I was really exhausted, but my mom told me that if I had RSVP-ed yes that I really should go). He was dressed as white trash and I was Violet Beauregard from "Willy Wonka" and we started chatting while in line for the bathroom. He later bought me a beer at Flatrock and was impressed that I asked for a Newcastle. He was the first person I dated that I was totally relaxed about.... I let him call me and I just let things happen at their own pace without rushing things. Only now do I realize that before him, I was always that annoying pushy girl in relationships. With him, I just somehow knew it would work out.
6. I have always wanted to write (and publish) a book. I just need to figure out what to write about. Any ideas?
7. I wish I had a screenprinting studio. I LOVE screenprinting. It relaxes me and it's a good outlet for my perfectionism. For now, my Gocco will have to do.
8. I was 15+ pounds heavier throughout most of college and I hate photos of me from that time. I call them "the ugly years." (Once I got mono the summer before senior year, that helped with the weight, though!)
9. Co-choreographing "Cabaret" my senior year at Delaware was one of the best and one of the absolute worst experiences of my life, all rolled into one. I wouldn't take it back in a second, though; I learned a lot about myself and other people at that time. I learned who I could trust and who wasn't worth my time.
10. I am excited to have kids some day and i think we'll be really cool parents, but I am NOT ready anytime soon.
11. I hate mornings and if I could stay up until 2 am every day, I would. I feel most productive late at night.
12. I love to sing (but can't very well). I don't really care. It makes me happy even if you don't like it.
13. My mom is my best friend and we have the exact same mannerisms. She always laughs at my jokes and tells me I look beautiful even if I am overweight (see #8). She'll read this and yell at me for thinking I looked ugly in college.
14. I have one older brother and I look up to him a lot. He is successful, talented, and extremely generous and kind. I love to brag about him (did you know that he is the Vice President of Marketing and Design for Marc Ecko's Cut & Sew line, and he designed the new jackets for all of the Iron Chefs?).
15. My feet and hands are always cold in the winter, even if I have really thick gloves on or wool socks. Nick finally understands that when I say I'm cold, I'm really not kidding or trying to complain. I'm just actually that cold.
16. My grandmother died the day before my bachelorette party and two days before one of my bridal showers. It was the saddest and happiest weekend all rolled into one and I was exhausted by the time it was over. I don't have any grandparents left.
17. I hate the phone. I never call my friends and I know that's bad. I am trying to get better about that.
18. I am emotionally attached to "stuff." I have always been a packrat and I've come a long way, but I still have a long way to go. Nick has been really patient about that.
19. High school was pretty awful sometimes because I didn't drink and most of the people I knew did, so I didn't have anyone to hang out with on the weekends (except my best friend Nicole, but she was often busy with theatre endeavors). I spent a lot of Friday and Saturday nights crying at home, until junior year when I met the friends that made me feel like I belonged somewhere (thanks, Amy and Chrissy!). Even though my way of thinking changed and I drank once I got to college, I'm glad I didn't compromise my beliefs in high school.
20. I love to dance and always will. Sometimes I dance in the car. It drives Nick crazy.
21. Good music makes my soul happy.
22. My last job made me unhappy and cranky and stole my soul.... but I love my new job/co-workers and I feel like I can be myself without anyone criticizing me.
23. I have a hard time dealing with people with negative attitudes and wish everyone could be optimistic (which had a lot to do with why my last job in #22 sucked so much).
24. I want to travel the world. So far I have been to London, Paris, Rome, Antigua, Salzburg, Vienna, and Munich, as well as some cool places in the US. I want to go to Chicago, San Francisco, Hawaii, Tuscany, Australia, Alaska, Seattle, Dominican Republic, and somewhere in Asia, to name a few.
25. I am eternally clumsy and I'm constantly hurting myself, but I have managed to never need to be admitted to the hospital (knock on wood). The closest I came was two years ago when I was rushing to get out of the apartment (shocking) to go to work, and had my hands full and the heel of my shoe got caught on my pant leg. I fell down half a flight of stairs in our apartment and broke my middle toe, but no one knew it was even broken for months. Now I hold onto the railing when I go down the stairs. (Stop laughing.)